It’s Chama time again and the livin’ is easy! The Traveling Supremes are having their annual summer fest in Chama, NM. We have 13 rigs of members and guests in attendance this week. We are welcoming new members Rod and Mary O’Hara and enjoying the cool weather, rain showers and hearty meals.
Rod and Diane Garner treated us to a hotdog supper and everyone added sides to go with the giant hotdogs. David and Deanne Phillips treated us to a chili supper and, again, everyone added sides.
Yummy! Yummy! One thing about the Traveling Supremes is that we always have the best eats and the best of times.
Pretty well everyone has left Chama, except for the Kerchers. Everyone had a great time, especially enjoying the cool weather. Make sure you check your schedule and plan to attend next year!
Also, a reminder to add your name to the “Following” list to make sure your automatically receive all notices, updates, and good other stuff.
Thanks to Linda Brian for the pictures
The following information can also be found in the Rallies > Upcoming Rallies menus.
2018 Buena Vista, Colorado Tag-Along
August 8 (arrival) thru August 11, 2018 (departure)
Mount Princeton RV Park
30380 Co Rd 383
Buena Vista, CO
This will be a no-host Tag-Along for those of us who wish to extend their summer vacation after the Elkhart, IN Gathering. Lou Butaud has blocked 5 sites at Mount Princeton RV Park. You may call now for reservations. No deposit will be necessary at this time as the park will call you in February, 2018 to confirm your reservation. At that time, you’ll be asked to make a deposit.
There are numerous places to visit and explore between Elkhart and Buena Vista. Some of these include:
- Amana Colonies, Iowa (7 colonies plus a Passport America RV Park)
- St. Louis (take a bus tour of the city and ride up the arch)Lake of the Ozarks (between St. Louis & Kansas City – lots of activities)
- Kansas City (see a Kansas City Royals baseball game – Worlds of Fun Amusement Park has a good RV park)
- Omaha (RV parks at the casino across the river in Council Bluffs, Iowa and at a city park beside the Missouri River in Bellevue – walk across a pedestrian bridge over the Missouri River between Nebraska and Iowa)
- Denver (see a Denver Rockies baseball game)
- Colorado Springs (visit the Air Force Academy and get reservations to ride the cog train up Pikes Peak)
2018 Chama, NM Tag-Along
August 12 (arrival) thru August 19, 2018 (departure)
Sky Mountain Resort RV Park
Chama, NM 87520
This will be a No Host Tag-Along. Some of us consider Chama as a second home to avoid the summer heat and will plan to arrive earlier and/or stay later. Make your reservations as soon as you can as Sky Mountain always fills up rapidly. The laid-back Chama style is a great way to relax and enjoy the cool mountain weather along with the comradely of fellow Traveling Supreme members.